circuit is situated in North Yorkshire.
Crift began it's life in the 1920's but it was not untill after
the war that it really became a racing circuit like so many ex war
bases and airfields.
After World War II it was set to be an Aero club when the lease
was aquired for it in 1947, but this venture didn't "take off".
After the Aero club closed down drivers would come onto the track
to make use of the track.
In 1962 half the airfield was baught at auction by Bruce Ropner
and some of his motor racing friends. He was granted permission
to create a racing circuit on the land and in 1964 the Croft circuit
The first race at Croft was on 3rd August 1964.
1997 the Croft circuit was extended and developed with a £1.5
track days | Hotels and B&B's near Croft
Full circuit: 2.1 miles
contact & location information
Croft on Tees,